Its customers increasingly rely on its support as they tend to have limited access to specialist health and safety risk management assistance or are seeking trusted assurance that they have done enough to comply with their legal responsibilities.
They recognised a shared objective in enabling their customers to meet their statutory obligations, particularly if this comes into question from a claims defensibility perspective.
Ecclesiastical is committed to enhancing the advice it gives to its customers on health and safety matters, enabling them to respond in a proportionate manner whilst balancing insurance requirements – particularly in low-risk environments.
The organisation has already;
- completed a collaborative project with a panel of legal experts to interpret the application of the Health and Safety at Work Act and subordinate regulations to low-risk, non-employer organisations
- reviewed its free, technical collateral to ensure that it reflects the findings of this work and will enable its customer to comply with their responsibilities in a sensible and proportionate manner, whilst balancing insurance requirements.
And by the end of 2018 Ecclesiastical plans to;
- refresh its website to help customers find this content more easily and in more accessible ways.
- run a programme of free, national training seminars for some customer groups to help them better understand their statutory responsibilities.
- and developed a suite of free, e-Learning solutions reflecting the findings of this work to enable some customers to better understand their responsibilities.
As a result, Ecclesiastical aim to reach;
- Up to 5,000 website visitors a month.
- Over 700 attendees to a further 12 seminars
- Over 800 customers for its e-Learning module.